Friday, October 9, 2009

You will laugh or you will cry...

Just returned from a lovely vacation - to our usual north shore retreat. On our last leg of the journey home we breakfasted at Amazing Grace. Picked up a local paper - the Duluth News Tribune. While I can't be certain, it is likely a fairly progressive read, much like the town that publishes this.

Holly spotted a comment on some prior editorial. I think I spit my coffee out laughing. In retrospect however, I think maybe I should have reacted with concern. Here, for your own "enjoyment", a picture of said comment.

Please note I redacted the name
of the commenter, to save him/her
the embarrassment. And while I have
no information on the "unbalanced"
editorial referenced, I certainly have
never hear of Bill O'Reilly as being calm.
I am fairly certain, in fact, that Bill would
be more than a little offended to have
anyone think that his rants are in any
way "calm".




It seems the divides that have always existed between conservative & liberal, democrat & republican, black & white, are deeper today than anytime in my short history. When congressmen yell "You lie!", when commentators refer to Bill as calm (can you tell I am ignoring the truthful part?), and pundits such a Bill and Rush want your and my U.S of A to fail in order to get to say "I told you so" - we are in need of someone who works to mend fences, both within and without our borders. It gives me great joy that Obama can join the ranks of such as Theodore Roosevelt, Albert Schweitzer and Mother Teresa as a leader recognized around the world as promoting peace and unity. About time.

No comments: