Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Top 10 Scientific Advancements

The other day I was considering the breadth and depth of scientific knowledge that humans have amassed. While mind numbing, an easier task (maybe) would be to consider the advances in science that have been most transformational. Things that if we did not know, would have a dramatic impact on the way you and I live our daily lives.
Over the next couple of weeks I will share my list with you. And just to be arbitrary (blogger's prerogative), I am going to limit my list to 10 things.
In the meantime however, I would be very interested to hear from you.


So the open question is this -
What advancements in science do you think have most transformed the world we live in? You can be as specific or general as you want.

1 comment:

ruminations said...

Perhaps transportation from steam powered railroads,to the internal combustion engine ( Autos and trucks ) to the aircraft.

How about communications. Telephone, telegraph, television , commputers and now, cell phones that seem to encompass all of the above.